Sweet peas! Exciting news for a pretty normal Thursday. The lovely Abby of J'Adore Ma Vie, has awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award!! I feel very honored to be included in her selection. Abby is a lovely woman who moved to Central France with her husband to help his family run their bed & breakfast. Doesn't that sound romantic? I love reading about her expat experiences as she and her husband navigate French life in the country and take lovely trips throughout Europe. Plus she is an amazing scrapbooker - I wish I could scrapbook like her!
So, now for those that I nominate and the rules:
1. Nominate 5 fellow bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
2. Add an image of the Versatile Blogger Award to your page
3. Thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link to their site
4. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
5. Include this set of rules.
6. Inform each blogger of their nomination.
And my Versatile Bloggers are...
1. Edna from Expat Edna. Edna moved to Paris in January and has vowed to live abroad for her entire 20's. She is a fantastic writer and blogs about her amazing adventures. Her blog has recently been featured on WordPress' "Freshly Pressed" and Hostel World. It's definitely a blog to watch.
2. Lindsey from Greetings From The American Girl. Lindsey moved to Paris in July 2010 but we just met this past weekend in Berlin. She's your perfect American Girl and reading her adventures in Paris from before we even moved here makes for an honest account of living life abroad.
3. Rebecca from Parlez Vous Loco? Rebecca just arrived to Paris and already I am in love with her writing. She has touched upon some very common expat emotions with a unique voice.
4. Sylvia from Finding Noon. I met Sylvia through my friend Mary Kay and she's already become one of my go-to people in Paris for restaurant recommendations. Plus, she's been in France for ten years and has French citizenship - so she's for sure in the know!
5. Saren from This Dynamic Life. Last but not least, I have to include someone from the States. Saren is my oldest friend (remember that kimono pic before we went to Japan? Yeah, that's Saren). She recently completed law school at Loyola Chicago but is an accomplished yoga instructor and has started to write a lifestyle blog focused on food and being true to yourself. Her daily posts inspire me to be a better person and stay healthy!
And here are my seven random facts...
1. This one may not be surprising, but most people are shocked when I tell them I've never eaten a hamburger from McDonalds. I didn't even eat my first hamburger until I was 24.
2. I am a fan of techno and trance music. I listen to Armin van Buuren, Tiesto, etc. when I run or if I'm cleaning the apartment. I would go see them in New York all the time.
3. I am obsessed with children's books, the nostalgia I feel about my favorites and find myself gravitated towards the children's section more than the adult book section. I have a dream to one day write a children's book.
4. While I love traveling, I have no desire to go to Australia. (Aussie reader/friends, please do not take this personally - instead try to convince me!)
5. I'm a bag lady. I've been a bag lady since I could walk - to the point where for my third birthday, our neighbors gave me a bag full of plastic bags. This has not changed and Sir Lancelot fears for the day when we have a family and our bags increase by default which means he'll have to carry everything.
6. I never have and still don't like games or puzzles. Instead I went all imagination and spent my childhood playing dress-up, school, putting on plays and turning my friend's garage into a clubhouse.
7. If I'm in an airport, especially if traveling alone, I always stop at the bar near the gate and drink a beer. There is something about having a solo beer at an airport that I really enjoy. My cousin is the same way and then we text each other while having our airport beer. I'm not sure if it's the people watching or the random person I seem to always chat with but I find the entire experience very fun. Unless of course the flight is delayed, then it's not so much fun.